Thursday 29 May 2014

Peregrines on Patch - Sunday 18th May 2014

Sunday morning, I decided to have a walk around Rivacre Woods and the locale and see how our Peregrines were doing. Upon arrival at the site, I noticed three chicks doing well and the parent bird shortly flew in to keep an eye out. This is just a few shots and a short video clip.



Peregrine Chicks  (CLICK ON LINK)

Nearby I saw a pair of lovely Goldfinches.


A bit further on and as I suspected, I came across Lesser Black Backed Gulls displaying all the signs of courtship and most probable nesting!! Here are some shots.




Main emphasis for this quick spin around the patch was to check on the falcons, however other birds seen included Blackcap, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler, Greenfinch, Buzzard, Blackbird, Wren, Robin, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Gt Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Goldcrest, Wood Pigeon, Stock Dove and Great Spotted Woodpecker :)

Observer

Mike Buckley (photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment